I can’t believe it is already June, but before we look ahead I want to look back at May. All the lines in my powersheets were full, but there were some unexpected road blocks that popped up… and not everything was accomplished as you can see below. (If you are new to powersheets and want to see how I personally use them click here!)
The main event that really hindered my progress this past month was my shoulder. I have been super fortunate and have worked really hard to prevent full dislocations with joint corrections, taping, and braces, but it’s not a perfect system. I have joint subluxations ALL the time, but full dislocations that typically need extra time to recover. Due to this fact weeks 3 and 4 suffered. I also through week 4 and 5 dealt with my scapula painfully moving around. Despite this though progress was made. I even added a daily task as Jared blessed me with flowers to add to my windowsill gang of succulents!
Alright enough about May, let’s jump into June!
June is my birthday month, so I wanted to make this tending list extremely colorful and fun. So get ready for a lot of color! As I prepared for this month so many exciting things were happening like all the big Jonas Brothers excitement (movie release, new album, and a concert?!) I also launched my podcast Chronically Cultivating and just wanted to work on embracing each day. After I created my tending list I had to face some hard truths in regards to my health and my current abilities. Right now I am in the process of letting go of a piece of my heart and my goal is to grieve this loss gracefully. This was added a couple days into June.
My main priority is to be a joyful wife so my goal is to “love Jared well with the JOY of the Lord!”
- Record 5 more episodes for the Chronically Cultivating podcast
- Write 3 blog posts
- Meet with Cynthia (my loving mentor) twice this month
- Celebrate being 23
- Go on a date and a double date- I know I have had this in my powersheets for like 3 months but I am going to really try to make it happen this month!
- Attend Fire (our church’s small group)
- Prepare and Enjoy the Jonas Brothers Concert
- Powersheet Prep for July
- Love my Dad well for Father’s Day & celebrate my mother-in-love’s birthday!
- Let go gracefully- here is my prayer: “Lord, I don’t understand Your plans and feel like You have taken away the dreams You planted in my heart. Help my grieve while honoring You through it. Allow this to be an act of worship, and every moment I feel like I can’t carry on give me the strength to say, ‘I can do hard things for You Lord, even this.'”
Weekly Goals: I know they are the same, but I truly need these reminders and it is OKAY that I am growing slowly with these goals. I promise if you are growing slow that’s perfectly okay.
- love Jared well
- act of self care (paint nails, facemark, etc.)
- organize medications
- water plants
- attend or watch church
- host 1 friend a week
- send one letter of encouragement
- joint corrections 3x a week
- Time with God (consists of my Write the Word, Prayer List, and Bible Plan Reading)
- 100 Promises Journal
- Hand Lettering Practice
- Water Flowers
- Quiet Time with Jared (consists of reading our Bibles together)- as you can see we have not accomplished this yet this month but that’s okay! We are getting back into the groove of things.
What are your June goals?
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt in goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, is produced by Speaking to the Heart Network. Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links