Happy August Friends! I am ready to jump into August after a crazy month full of awesome time with family, announcing our decision to close our business, and there were a couple unexpected curve balls EDS threw at me. As always before we jump into August I want to reflect on July’s tending list. Also if you are new to Powersheets and want learn how I use them click here.
First, we had such an amazing month connecting with family. We spent a week with Jared’s family in Atlantic City, we got to hang out with my family a bit- especially soak up time with Caitie before she goes back to school, and we had Jared’s younger siblings with us for an entire week! We are so blessed to cherish time with all of them.
The hardest part about this month was announcing that we made the decision to close Off Season Training. Now we made this decision in June, but chose to grieve privately. Eventually I will write a whole post about all of it, but for now I appreciate all of the overwhelming support we have received since the announcement.
I really enjoyed recording every tiny victory and tracking how I maintain my body + one memory about how I embraced the day. This was SO successful and I even added a couple more things to track. I also was EXTREMELY proud of myself and outside of one day that I went to a cookie dough shop- I did not self spend at all!
Now onto August!
My main priority this month is to take more walks, and yes I know I do not walk, but I do roll!! I want to get outside more and enjoy our neighborhood.
WARNING: Before we start I want it noted that these ice cream cones were a great idea in theory….. but took forever and were so frustrating…and I don’t think I will ever do it again. Create at your own risk.
- Go on one date and double date
- Record 4 podcast episodes
- Write 3 blog posts
- Meet with my mentor Cynthia
- Go on 3 walks
- Celebrate birthdays
- Powersheet Prep
- Engage on CC group
- Love Jared Well: Spend intentional time together without our phones
- No Spend: I want to be more thoughtful with our money and content with what we have. This no spend applies to extra things I want but don’t need (clothes, shoes, nail polish, pens, etc.)
- Organize my Meds
- Water Plants
- Act of Self-care: You know I love doing my nails every week!
- Attend/watch Church
- Host and Encourage 1 friend a week: I want to host 1 friend a week, and send 1 letter of encouragement a week
- Get Creative: hand lettering, watercolor painting, photography, floral arrangements, etc.
- Quiet Time with Jared: we always pray together every night, but we want to make sure we are in the Word together too.
- Habit Tracker: this is what my custom wildcard will showcase. I want to observe my own habits and work on caring for my body to the best of my abilities.
- Time with God: as you know my time with God has changed drastically over the past year. Now my time with God includes: Write the Word Journal, 100 Promises Journal, Time of Prayer, and Reading my Bible.
- Celebrate: I want to make a point to intentionally find joy in each day.
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt in goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, is produced by Speaking to the Heart Network. Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links