I don’t know if you live in New England but it is GORGEOUS here and there are so many crunchy leaves! As always before we jump into November let’s take a look at this past month. If you are new to Powersheets and want to see how I use them for goal setting click here!
I was worried going into October because normally this month does not treat me kindly, yet this month wasn’t too bad. I got more accomplished than I imagined, yes there were some goals (specifically weekly ones) that didn’t get accomplished but I want to focus on all the good that was cultivated this month.
My daily goals really stretched me this month: approximately 60% of this month I was off my phone by 11 pm (AND I did it all without my downtime settings on my phone so it was all my actual willpower), I managed to read an entire book, and everyday I recorded a way that I delighted in the Lord and what that cultivated. It was such a fruitful exercise. My monthly goals all got accomplished! I got a third of our Christmas Shopping done and stayed on top of ministry work. I savored fall through apple picking, continuing our apple cookie tradition, getting freshly made (and allergy friendly) apple cider + apple cider donuts from my family’s home town orchard, and I even baked an apple pie on my own this year for the first time- and in case you haven’t figured it out I am an apple girl all the way (pumpkin is good but apples are better.
Now that I am craving more apple pie, let’s jump into November, which is not only the prettiest tending list I have ever done, but is also the tending list where I made the most lofty goal of 2019.
My top priority is to celebrate every moment as there is SO much to celebrate this month!
- Record 4 episodes for the Chronically Cultivating Podcast
- Write 3 Blog Posts
- Start the Celebrations Binder prep work in preparation for 2020
- Prepare for + Enjoy the Jonas Brothers Concert: We just have to finish our T-Shirts! Maura and I have waited a literal decade to see them on tour together. We want to savor all of it!
- Time with my Mentor
- Date Night + Double Date: Jared and I are trying to get back into going on a date once a month, and we are beyond excited to celebrate Maura and Tim’s engagement over dinner!
- Holiday Shopping: Jared and I have found that splitting up when we pay for Christmas presents is more financially efficient so we do my family, his family, and our friends in different months leading up to Christmas
- Powersheet Prep for December!
- SS Prep
- Host 1 friend a week
- All the (medical) Things: med cart inventory, organizing pills, self care, etc.
- Brush Lettering: Practice makes perfect
- Love Jared Well: Spend intentional time together without our phones
- Water Plants: gotta keep those succulents healthy!
- Attend/Watch Church: Our church broadcast’s both their services online through live streaming (and all of the services are also kept on youtube so you can watch them at anytime), to check out Grace Chapel’s online ministry click here We are so grateful for this ministry as I am not always well enough to physically go to church
Are you ready for my most lofty goal yet……
- No TV until after 6 pm: This is by far my largest goal I have set for myself. Now because my body is not predictable I am putting X’s on any days where I am not well, am taking a rest day or have a dislocation, etc. I did not want this goal to hurt me, but I want it to grow me. Funny enough since October 31st I have had 2 dislocations. I am not going to let that stop me though. I cannot wait to update you about how this turns out. In order to keep me from blending what was laziness and what was intentional, the only days that are truly laziness will be blank. Everyday with a check will be a victory I will be proud of, and for every X …even for every blank space… I will choose grace over guilt.
- Read: I cannot wait to see how many books I read by not watching TV during the day
- Delight in Him: I don’t want to just spend time with God everyday, I want to spend my days delighting in Him (for an in depth look at my daily time with Him click here)
- Downtime @ 11 pm: This means that after 11 pm I go to bed and am not watching tv, scrolling on social media, or playing games on my phone. The only thing I can do after 11 pm is listen to music, use my Bible app, or read on my kindle. (Pro Tip- if you are like me and struggle to stay accountable to a screen related goal, I suggest going into your settings to the screen time, set your downtime limits, and have your spouse make the passcode. That way you can’t cheat even if you want to!)
Want to get your Powersheets for 2020? Click here! I am team #blooms!