Can you believe that it’s already February?! I can’t! I was excited to get to this months tending list! (Don’t know what Powersheets are? Check out how to use them here!) How are you goals going? If you feel behind, do NOT worry you are not alone. Most of my month was more of a “figuring out how to best use the time I have when I am feeling well enough” rather than a “hit the ground running” kind of month. I am embracing my encouraging words from last month that slow growth is still growth. I don’t want to rush into this year, I have all year to reach my goals, and if I am going to reach them I need to be present in this life and grow slowly.
Last month was a rough month but good things still grew despite dislocations and distractions. I was able to attend a fantastic women’s ministry conference and got to meet Maggie Rowe; I got to share one of my favorite podcasts thus far with my mentor Cynthia about joy; Foxy fell asleep cuddling with me (she’s not a cuddle despite my best efforts so that was such a blessing); and I LOVED digging into the Word.
The theme of the conference was “exhausted but still in pursuit” from the story of Gideon, and that is what I am taking into February with me.
- Record 5 Episodes for the Chronically Cultivating Podcast
- Spoonie Study Prep! Learn more about the study and register here!
- Date Night
- Read 2 Books
- Powersheet Prep for March
- Platform Check in: I transformed the life giving-home wildcard page into a life-giving platform check-in so that I stay on top of all the things Living the Chronic Illness Life is offering such as instagram devotionals, the Spoonie Study, the Chronically Cultivating Podcast, and Blog Posts!
- Blog: publish a blog post
- Love Jared Well: spend intentional time together without our phones
- Quiet Time: Jared and I are finally starting to get back into doing our Bible reading together before bed
- Attend/Watch Church: Our church broadcast’s both their services online through live streaming (and all of the services are also kept on youtube so you can watch them at anytime), to check out Grace Chapel’s online ministry click here We are so grateful for this ministry as I am not always well enough to physically go to church
- All the Things: med cart inventory, organizing pills, joint corrections, self care, etc.
Daily Goals: I filled in all five because I want to track how I spend time with God each day so I put prayer, Bible reading, and Write the Word journal. I know that I will probably not do all three every day but I want to track it out of my own curiosity!
- Downtime: This means that after 11 pm I go to bed and am not watching tv, scrolling on social media, or playing games on my phone. The only thing I can do after 11 pm is listen to music, use my Bible app, or read on my kindle. (Pro Tip- if you are like me and struggle to stay accountable to a screen related goal, I suggest going into your settings to the screen time, set your downtime limits, and have your spouse make the passcode. That way you can’t cheat even if you want to!)
- TV off until 5 pm: I want to read more and not waste time watching TV. If there are days where, because of my health, I am taking a rest day I will put an X in the box. That way I can see how I did on the days where I did not have to have a full rest day
- Read Bible: I am excited to be reading the Bible in a two year canonical (front to back) plan!
- Write the Word: I am going through Cultivate Worship currently!