Wow can you believe we are in July?! I feel like day to day time moves so slow, yet all of a sudden we are in July. If you saw my summer refresh in my powersheets, you know that this season my goals and life are going to look very different. Don’t know what powersheets are? Check out how I use them here!
June held lots of little victories and hard conversations. Not only did I focus on the sunshine and embracing the joy of the Lord, but I also started working to accept the place my body is currently at. This meant braving blank progress bars and unchecked boxes for the month of June and for the foreseeable future.
Part of me looks at this tending list with sadness, but the other part of me looks at this with grace. Grace for the things I wish I could have done, but couldn’t. I aim to grow in and with grace this summer.
My top priority for this month is “Word over world.” Jesus is grace, and that means if I want to lead a grace-filled life I need to go straight to the source. I don’t want to start my day off with emails or social media, but with Him. I have very few “goals” this month as I am focused on slowing down. If I can do more, awesome! If I can’t, that’s okay too! I simplified my tending list, but am utilizing my wildcard pages to do some habit tracking, platform organization, and a space to record God’s faithfulness.
- Reading with Jared: we are continuing to get into the Word together!
- Taking Root Launch: alright, I’m going to announce this to you early…. we are going to be doing a Spoonie Study and Chronically Cultivating crossover event! It will be a virtual “coffee chat” style get together where we focus on allowing the seeds planted in the podcast take root in your faith! It’s going to be awesome!
- 2021 Seed Test: I have almost everything ready for my 2021 garden plan, so I am going to test new seeds (that I have never grown before) to track how they grow, how long they take to bloom, how long they stay in bloom, their average height, and blooms per stock etc.
- Love Jared Well: spend intentional time together without our phones
- Soak up the Sunshine: If I can be out of bed (even if it’s for just a half an hour) I want to spend at least 3 days in the sunshine each week delighting in the garden!
- Church: Our church broadcast’s both their services online through live streaming (and all of the services are also kept on youtube so you can watch them at anytime), to check out Grace Chapel’s online ministry click here We are so grateful for this ministry as I am not always well enough to physically go to church. We prefer the 11:00 contemporary worship service
- All the Things: med cart inventory, organizing pills, joint corrections, port access, self care, etc.
- AM Routine: The goal is that I do IV meds, oral meds, and one form of quiet time with God (I would love to spend time in prayer, my write the word journal, and my Bible but right now, but a perfect day like that is not attainable)
- Water Flowers: Gotta take care of those blooms!
So that is my July Tending list that is full of blank lines and grace. What are some of your 2020 goals?
Don’t have a set of powersheets yet?!
Get your 6 month set now before they sell out!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt in goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, is produced by Speaking to the Heart Network. Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links