At the beginning of COVID taking over the world, I never would have imagined that I would still be in quarantine 178 days later. This is another “quaran-tending list” as I strive to continue to cultivate in this time of quarantine. Don’t know what powersheets are? Check out how I use them here! This is also another month of serious medical uncertainty, yet I am happy to report that last month went better than expected.
Before I get into September’s goals, I wanted to talk about how life-giving my goal to “Welcome Him” was. This goal challenged me to stop focusing on doing “all the things” and focus on seeking Him in all things. “All the things” I’m referring to here is about pressuring myself to pray, do my Bible reading, journal in my write the Word and pray for others all in the same devotional time. Doing all of those things or not doing all of those things do not equate my time in the Lord more or less worthy. I tracked it in my calendar like this:
There were many days spent recovering and medicated, and in those days I learned to let the “check box guilt” go and allowed Him to embrace me and my heart through all the hard things. Even if my best was spending a short while in prayer in effort to pray through the brokenness, His presence was felt. So friends embrace the fact that He doesn’t want check boxes- He wants our hearts.
Now last month’s struggle brought this month’s clarity. This month I want to focus on seeking, speaking and savoring life. Seeking encouragement was an amazing thing to document last month, and was an interesting exercise that allowed me to see how the Lord truly does surround us with encouragement- we just have to be looking for it. It was a challenge each day in the moment to recognize where there was encouragement, but such a blessing to look back on. I am going to to seek life this September by continuing to log how God is keeping me encouraged. (For more details on this check out last month’s tending list.)
I am going to speak life this September by using my platforms to share His goodness and faithfulness in this undesirable season. I am going to savor life this September by using a wildcard page to make a daily small note about something I savored that day. I am also noting what fruit of the Spirit I experience that day. That is why the fruit of the Spirit are right at the top of my tending list so I don’t lose sight if them. I am determined to remember that uncertain season do not equal unfruitful seasons.
- Podcast with the Girls: all I can say is that there is a VERY special podcast episode coming in October!
- Share Season 2 of Chronically Cultivating! Season Two is full of so much goodness and I cannot wait to share it with you!
- Let Him Lead: I want to let Him lead me when I post and share my life online. I only want to share what He puts on my heart- no more and no less.
- Celebrate Birthdays: We have 5 birthdays on my side of the family this month and even though Caitie and Stephen are away at school, I want to celebrate everyone safely and well.
- Fall Refresh + October Powersheet Prep: I can’t believe we have a little over 90 days left this year!
- Seek Encouragement: I want to actively keep my eyes open to see the grace, support, hope, and joy He is blessing me with in this season of brokenness. I am using a wild card page I made to record how I experienced one of those areas of encouragement each day.
- Encourage Others: I want to take time to encourage those around me whether its through a card or a comment.
- Love Jared Well: spend intentional time together without our phones.
- Track Seedlings: one thing I am choosing grace over guilt about is accidentally killing all but three of my seedlings. I want to make sure to check in once a week as they will be at my mother’s house. (We realized that I cannot be caring for seedlings right now so she is caring for them for me.)
- Church: Our church broadcast’s both their services online through live streaming (and all of the services are also kept on youtube so you can watch them at anytime), to check out Grace Chapel’s online ministry click here We are so grateful for this ministry as I am not always well enough to physically go to church. We prefer the 11:00 contemporary worship service.
- All the Things: med cart inventory, organizing pills, joint corrections, port access, self care, etc.
- Savor Every Day: keep a log of something (big as an answered pray to as small as laughing at a joke with Jared) that I savored each day.
- Welcome Him: I want to welcome Him into this brokenness every single day whether I have the energy to be in the Word or simply say a short prayer I want to delight in Him. I am using my calendar to track how I do this each day (Write the Word, prayer, Bible reading, praying with Jared, going through my prayer list, or having quiet time in the Word with Jared.)
What is your top priority this month as we get ready to refresh for the last 90 days of 2020?
Don’t have a set of powersheets yet?!
Unfortunately all 2020 and the six-month undated sets are sold out for the year. BUT the 2021 powersheets launch on October 14, 2020!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt in goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, is produced by Speaking to the Heart Network. Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
this post contains affiliate links