Y’all have been waiting for this and I am delighted to share it with you! Each year, I host a Powersheets Prep Party for The PSP Gals (take a look at last year’s here!) In this post, I am going to share all about the table + decor, our party favor items, our party itinerary and share our favorite pens and tools! Not only will you see gorgeous photos, but we even have a fun video to start this post off with! (Don’t know what #powersheets are? Start Here!)
Also to celebrate over 200 Blog Subscribers AND that this is my 100th Blog post – don’t miss the giveaway at the end!!!!
We, The PSP Gals and I, spent a solid month planning this table and it was absolutely stunning. Rather than wrapping the table in paper to letter like we did last year, we went with a light gold sequined table cloth and a custom table runner with The PSP Gals logo on it along with extra gold glitter sprinkled on top!
The Decor and Favors
Each year, we enjoy decorating my dining room and creating a space that we love and that will inspire us from the big items to the small details. Maura does all of the hand lettering for us, and if you love what she did, check out her etsy! Below you can see the signs she made along with the name cards!
We also have extra accessory tables for some overflow room so our workspace doesn’t get too crowded (and when we eat we can move our powersheets off the table.) I, Cassie, made these accessory tables inspired by the 2020 WOTY Cards last year and reused these covers again for this party! We also made a couple extra “test” boxes when Sam and I were learning to decoupage so we used these extras for snacks/utensils/etc.
To give you a better look at these cultivate + confetti inspired favors watch the video below. The links to all the items will be below the video in this blog post.
(It should jump straight to 59 seconds in, but if it doesn’t just skip the montage at the beginning as it’s the same montage from the first video in this blog post.)
Some of these links are not exactly the same as some of what we used are not sold anymore but I did my best to link everything. Please note that I was not able to list the “Goals Place Cards” because they are not made anymore.
- Boxes (these are not the exact boxes as these are from 3 years ago as I used them in my wedding centerpieces, but are similar)
- Spray Paint for Boxes
- Cultivate Wrapping Paper used to decoupage the boxes
- Modpodge and Brushes
- WOTY (Word of the Year) Cards
- 8 oz Mason Jars (these are not the exact same ones as those are limited edition Mason Jars that are not sold anymore but I linked similar ones)
- Mason Jars
- Glitter to put at the bottom of the Mason Jars
- Oh Happy Day tags
- Confetti Poppers
- Giant Paper Clips
- White Cowbells
So we don’t strictly hold ourselves to follow this itinerary perfectly, its more of a guide to help us stay on track.
10:30 am everyone arrives and has a light brunch (quiches, berries, coffee, muffins, mimosas etc.)
11:00 am Powersheets Signing (see the video on the left!) and we got some wonderful group photos as well!
1:00 pm dig into our prep work!
1:45 pm Lunch break (we got takeout from our favorite home town eatery)
2:30 keep digging into our prep work!
3:30 Tea and Desserts
4:00 Continue prep work!
6:00 Sparkling Cider Toast to 2021!
(then we had a lot of confetti to clean up 🤣)
Our Favorite Tools
Before I end this post, I would be remiss if I didn’t share our favorite pens and tools with you! We are pen obsessed so here are our favorites:
- Papermate Mechanical Pencils: as a whole, all The PSP Gals favorite pencil is this one
- PaperMate Flair Pens: universally we all use this black pen almost exclusively, but the whole colorful set is used frequently among all of us
- Frixion Erasable Markers + Frixion Gel Pens: other than Maura, we – especially Cassie and Lauren – all also these use gel pens and markers quite frequently too
- Cultivate What Matters Color Coding Markers: Lauren uses these to highlight in her powersheets
- Metallic Gold Pens: we also enjoy using these gold pens (they come with silver too, but we prefer the gold)
- Mildliner highlighter pens: Maura and Sam use these often to highlight
- LePen fine point pen and uchida calligraphy pens: Maura uses these to decorate her powersheets as well
Well that’s it! I don’t know how we will top this next year because this one was pretty darn good!
Don’t have a set of powersheets yet? Grab a six month undated set here!
To celebrate over 200 Living the Chronic Illness Life blog subscribers AND my 100th blog post, I want to say thank you with a giveaway!
Everything in the picture below will be included: 1 Navy “Her collagen may be weak, but her God is strong” tote bag from the LTCIL Shop, a set of the Cultivate What Matters Color-Coding Marker Set, a Natural Life Boho Bandeu, and a WOTY Card (which I can send you blank or I can hand letter your WOTY on it!)
To enter the giveaway:
- you must be following the LTCIL Blog (scroll up to the top of the page and on the bottom right of your screen a small follow button should pop up) and be following me on instagram
- then comment on this post (just scroll down below my bio to comment) what your WOTY (Word of the Year) is!
Winner will be chosen on March 1st!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post includes affiliate links