Happy April! Last month was crazy busy, and as grateful as I am for all the good that happened in march – I am ready to slow things down this month. (Don’t know what Powersheets are? Start Here!)
Before we move onto April I want to share a few moments from March:
#1: Doing a Takeover for Cultivate What Matters IG! I had such a blast being able to partner with such a wonderful team there, and meet so many new faces!
#2: I stayed brave. March held a lotttttt of testing as I am turning 25 this year, and we are doing a bunch of what I like to call “maintenance” testing to look for + measure progression/decline
#3: We got through phase one of the 2021 garden plan with so many seeds sprouting and ranunculus bulbs planted!
My Prepare Well Page
Before we get into my tending list, I want to share my prepare well page with you! I was kind of bored with my regular format so I decided to put my sticker book into action and had a great time! Remember there is no wrong way to use your powersheets, but I do encourage you to be YOU on these pages (and if you need a sticker pick me up or a simplified blank and white look – YOU DO YOU!)
My Tending List
Now onto April’s Tending List! This month my top priority is to worship with confetti! (Yes, you did read that right! We can worship Him with all things, including what is in our hands… and if confetti is in your hands – use it! 🎉
- Simplified Platform Checklist: Since I refreshed my goals, I realized that I needed to cut back and focus on the quality of my work rather than the quantity (along with recognizing where my body is at and realistically planning what is achievable right now.) To help me with this, I didn’t even use my personal platform checklist, but used a Break It Down Notepad page to keep my list short so I’m not tempted to out-plan myself.
- Celebrate 3 Years of Marriage:
- Joyfully Look Ahead:
- PSP Night: As always us PSP Gals get together once a month to close out the current month and make our tending lists for the upcoming month! Easily the best part of my month!
- The PSP Gals Photoshoot: we love creating content for y’all and I am honored to be the visionary and content planner – and I love any extra reason to throw confetti!!
- Garden Phase 2: This month I am tending the seeds that have sprouted, anxiously awaiting to see signs of growth from the ranunculus, and the garden bed is being stained right now (as I had it remodeled to be bigger last month) and should be ready by the last frost of the season! #newenglandprobs
- Weekly Check In: I want to be more intentional about checking in with Jared before the week begins to go over our plans/schedules and also make sure I check into my powersheets at least once a week (I keep all my wildcards/daily action items logged in a note in my phone so that I can ensure that I will keep up with logging everything.)
- Love Jared Well: spend intentional time together without our phones.
- Joyfully Celebrate His Faithfulness: My top priority is to worship with confetti so not only do I track my daily victories with my “celebrate every tiny victory” wildcard (and want to make sure I log it weekly) but I also want to make sure I throw confetti at least once a week 🎉🎉🎉
- Tend to the Garden: Gotta keep the windowsill garden happy and continue to tend to the sprouts as they grow for one more month before going into the raised garden bed!
- Sabbath: This has been a growing habit that Jared and I have been working on since the start of 2021. This is a crossover goal for me, one of the BEST ways we can worship the Lord is by resting. A sabbath day isn’t about rules, it’s about trusting the Lord and leaving the hustle. We can rest because we know that taking a day off to worship Him and give our minds and bodies a break isn’t going to ruin us; the Lord calls us to rest for our benefit and for His witness.
- Weekly Worship Devotional: Worship is my word of the year, to help me embrace that I am using a special edition of the classic Write the Word Journal: Cultivate Worship from P31 ministries (which has a little under a years worth of weekly devotions on worship.) I will be using this WTW Journal weekly to reflect on how I am worshiping Him well.
Daily Goals: I use my daily goals more as a habit tracker than a strict goal and it gives me more freedom in seasons of uncertainty.
- No Spend: I want to be more responsible and not make rash purchases so this will help hold me accountable to our financial goals.
- Sleep Routine: Jared and I want to get into a better routine and clearly communicate our plan for the evening so we focus on being well rested.
- Hand Lettering Drills: I am learning a new font and want to get it down so I am practicing daily!
- Garden Check: I am using my newest “plant/habit tracker” wildcard to track how often and how much I water my plants so I can get to know my houseplants better.
- Little by Little: Rather than using a monthly wildcard page to highlight how God is moving in my life, I am using the Little by Little Journal (currently sold out) to write down one way that I saw God move that day. I’ve been doing this since the start of 2021 and love it!
- Prayer: I am going through a “box” a day and my bold prayers box every day (see what I mean by prayer box here) and then I also say the Lord’s Prayer. I want to make sure I am spending intentional time with the Lord in direct communication with Him.
- His Word First: I want to make sure that before I do ANY work that I have been in His Word because that is the most important way I can use my time; I want to actively remember that there is no work or ministry that comes before Him.
I am using this daily plant tracker in the simplified option to track how I water my plants to notice patterns. I am per normal also tracking my daily victories!
Want to download this wildcard? Head to the Wildcard Library in the button below!
In case you didn’t know, here on Living the Chronic Illness Life you now have access to the Grace + Goals Resource Library which helps you tailor your goal setting and powersheets to seasons of uncertainty. You can find all the info here!
Don’t have a set of Powersheets yet? Don’t worry you can get a 6 month set now!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links