Happy Summer! I know I am posting this closer to the end of June, but (like most delays of mine) living the chronic illness life is uncertain and seemingly busy. Last month held so many good things between what I cultivated in my powersheets and off of them was so fruitful! (Don’t know what Powersheets are? Start Here!)
Before we move onto June, I want to share a few moments from May:
#1: Went to our local nursery, and then got everything planted into the raised garden bed!
#2: I celebrated EDS awareness month with joy on instagram!
#3: Made the most fun reel with my best friend, M!
#4: The PSP Gals were on Chronically Cultivating for another episode and it was so fun!
June’s Prep Pages!
Before we get into my tending list, I want to share my prep pages with you!
Remember: there is no wrong way to use your powersheets, but I do encourage you to be YOU on these pages (and if you need a sticker pick me up or a simplified blank and white look – YOU DO YOU!)
My Prepare Well Page
I have really loved experimenting with this page and getting more custom with it. When I used this page traditionally, I never looked back at it again after filling it out. So my goal is to use this page throughout the month to make the most of my powersheets and I am really enjoying it!
My Brainstorm Your Month Page
I have set up this page differently over the past 4 years, but currently I am loving this set up!
My Tending List
Now onto my June Tending List! This month my top priority is to fight to see the good.
- Plan Event: so it’s not a secret anymore, but Grace + Goals is hosting an after party following Cultivate’s Refresh Your Year Live event! You can RSVP here!
- 2 Emails: I am getting back into your inboxes! I took a break from emails as I have been adjusting to my body’s health, but I am excited to get back into the swing of things!
- Update Grace + Goals: There are going to be some fun new additions to this community and this platform!
- Date Night: Setting aside one night a month to have a date night and get takeout is really important to Jared and I
- Declutter: I am so happy to be able to be slowly decluttering and simplifying our home. Our life is so chaotic medically and the less stuff we have the more manageable keeping up with our home is.
- Refresh My Goals: It’s time to close out this quarter and jump into the next through our Powersheet’s Summer Refresh!
- Mentorship: I happen to have two of the most amazing mentors and I meet biweekly with one of them each Friday. I am so grateful for these mentors!
- Celebrate 25: I turned 25 on June 1st, and was struggling with this birthday so I wanted to practice what I preach and celebrate even when I didn’t feel like it. (want to hear more about why 25 held so much weight click here)
- The PSP Gals Meeting: we love creating content for y’all and I am honored to be the visionary and content planner! We have one content meeting a month so we can run The PSP Gals account smoothly and so we can celebrate you well!
- PSP Night: As always us PSP Gals get together once a month to close out the current month and make our tending lists for the upcoming month! Easily the best part of my month!
- Content Batch: I am trialing a new way to hopefully streamline my platform content
- Love Jared Well: spend intentional time together without our phones.
- Weekend Rhythm: This consists of a couple things
- Weekly Check In: I want to be more intentional about checking in with Jared before the week begins to go over our plans/schedules and also make sure I check into my powersheets at least once a week (I keep all my wildcards/daily action items logged in a notes page on my phone so that I can ensure that I will keep up with logging everything.)
- Saturday Rhythm: Saturdays are my “shower days” meaning that because of my central line, I can only shower when we de-access my port (which is only once a week.) Then after I shower, we re-access, and for my fellow spoonies you know how exhausting showering is, so after I shower in the middle of the day I want to crash after. So I want to make sure I am truly utilizing the time I have before my shower so I don’t have to do anything after. I made my list in my prepare well page!
- Celebrate with Confetti: Not only do I track my daily victories with my “celebrate every tiny victory” wildcard (and want to make sure I log it weekly) but I also want to make sure I throw confetti at least once a week, and we do this every Wednesday on my instagram
- Document Growth: If y’all follow me on IG, you know that I love my plants and have been posting more plant/garden based content. I am working on documenting the growth of my garden/windowsill garden so that I can share more of this journey with you!
- Church: We need to get back into a groove with church services!
Daily Goals: I use my daily goals more as a habit tracker than a strict goal and it gives me more freedom in seasons of uncertainty.
- Share Life: I love getting to share my life with you and want to be more consistent
- Cheer Him On: I want to make sure that I am cheering on my favorite person in the world daily!
- TV Task: One of my goals is to find some low energy activities that I can do when I am exhausted and need to just chill on the couch while watching a show. So I came up with a list which I made space for in my prepare well page.
- Garden Check: I am using my newest “plant/habit tracker” wildcard to track how often and how much I water my plants so I can get to know my houseplants better. I am also checking on my garden bed everyday!
- Prayer: I want to get into the particle of praying daily. I am going through a “box” a day and my bold prayers box every day (see what I mean by prayer box here.) I want to make sure I am spending intentional time with the Lord in direct communication with Him.
- His Word First: I want to make sure that before I do ANY work that I have been in His Word because that is the most important way I can use my time; I want to actively remember that there is no work or ministry that comes before Him.
- Little by Little: Rather than using a monthly wildcard page to highlight how God is moving in my life, I am using the Little by Little Journal (currently sold out) to write down one way that I saw God move that day. I’ve been doing this since the start of 2021 and love it!
I am using this daily plant tracker in the simplified option to track how I water my plants to notice patterns. I am per normal also tracking my daily victories!
Want to download this wildcard? Head to the Wildcard Library in the button below!
In case you didn’t know, here on Living the Chronic Illness Life you now have access to the
which helps you tailor your goal setting and powersheets to seasons of uncertainty.
Don’t have a set of Powersheets yet? Don’t worry you can get a 6 month set now! They are 25% off too!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links