Happy July! If you follow me on instagram, you probably know that this month has not started out how I had planned. Normally I share my goals at the beginning of the month, but due to some brutal dislocations at the end of June, I wasn’t able to make my Tending List until July 14th. So along with sharing my July TL, I want to share with you how I used and kept track of my goals without being able to physically use my powersheets (or make my TL) until the latter half of the month.
(Don’t know what Powersheets are? Start Here!)
Before I do, I want to share some highlights from June:
#1: I turned 25 and celebrated this milestone even though it was hard (more details here)
#2: I made my Pothos hanging plant dream come to life!
#3: I learned that not only can I do hard things, but my friends and support system can too – not just alongside me but truly with/for me
#4: I hosted an After Party for the Grace + Goals Community to celebrate the Summer Refresh and Cultivate’s Refresh Your Year Live event!
Tracking your goals when you can’t use your physical powersheets
At the end of June, I endured one of the worst series of shoulder dislocations I think I have ever had. It was on my dominant side so I was unable to write. The PSP Gals were my hands for my month in review for June and in finishing marking my June PS, but I didn’t think it would take me 18 more days before I could write so I didn’t want them fill it out for me. During our Powersheets Prep Night for July, I basically wrote out what my prepare well, brainstorm your month, and tending list pages onto the notes app on my phone. That was how I prepared my Tending List, but keeping track of it would be a little harder.
For the past year or so, I’ve kept a log of all my daily goals in a page on my notes app because I don’t tend to check into my powersheets each day. This has helped me log what I did and didn’t do all from my phone; I typically do this each night before I go to bed. I was already prepared to do that so it wasn’t a hard adjustment, but tracking my monthly and weekly goals for sure was. I ended up making little notes on my “July TL” notes page, and then on July 14th I transferred everything into my physical powersheets.
My Tending List
Now onto July’s Tending List! This month my top priority is to live rooted in grace.
- Focus on Long Term Tasks: Something I determined in my Summer Refresh was that I needed to get better at batching my content and using all of it so that I steward my platform best. So I am working on learning how to do that even if in the short term it slows down the content coming out currently.
- Structure Focus Days: I am creating Focus Days so that I can stay focused and not multitask
- Q3 Blog and Podcast Schedule: This quarter is going to hold SO much good!!
- Do the Hard Work: healing is hard, but necessary so I want to make sure I keep up the hard work.
- Quiet Time: Quiet time is when Jared and I end the day with reading our Bibles together before bed, we have gotten out of that habit and want to bring it back!
- Celebrate with our Families: This month we got to travel to go celebrate Bruce and Maggie’s wedding and Caitie comes home later this month to visit and I want to savor all of it!
- PSP Night: As always us PSP Gals get together once a month to close out the current month and make our tending lists for the upcoming month! Easily the best part of my month!
- PSPG: The PSP Gals and I have the most fun on our instagram and we posted a really entertaining video where we review the carry all pouches!
- Promote CC: I can’t steward my platform well if I don’t promote the content!
- Throw Confetti: Not only do I track my daily victories with my “celebrate every tiny victory” wildcard (and want to make sure I log it weekly) but I also want to make sure I throw confetti at least once a week! I do this every Wednesday on my instagram!
- Love Jared Well: spend intentional time together without our phones.
- Weekly Check In: I want to be more intentional about checking in with Jared before the week begins to go over our plans/schedules and also make sure I check into my powersheets at least once a week (I keep all my wildcards/daily action items logged in a notes page on my phone so that I can ensure that I will keep up with logging everything.)
- Church: We need to get back into a groove with church services!
- Praise + Prayer: Last month, I spent some glorious mornings on the sunporch and in the garden where I just worshiped and spent time in prayer. I want to make this a regular thing.
Daily Goals: I use my daily goals more as a habit tracker than a strict goal and it gives me more freedom in seasons of uncertainty.
- Engage: I want to be consistently present here in this community!
- Victory Log: Everyday I log one victory a day with this wildcard!
- Garden Check: I am using my newest “plant/habit tracker” wildcard to track how often and how much I water my plants so I can get to know my houseplants better. I am also checking on my garden bed everyday!
- I want to make sure that before I do ANY work that I have been in His Word because that is the most important way I can use my time; I want to actively remember that there is no work or ministry that comes before Him.
- Little by Little: Rather than using a monthly wildcard page to highlight how God is moving in my life, I am using the Little by Little Journal (currently sold out) to write down one way that I saw God move that day. I’ve been doing this since the start of 2021 and love it!
Wildcards I’m Loving
I am using this daily plant tracker in the simplified option to track how I water my plants to notice patterns. I am per normal also tracking my daily victories!
Want to download this wildcard? Head to the Wildcard Library in the button below!
In case you didn’t know, here on Living the Chronic Illness Life you now have access to the Grace + Goals Resource Library which helps you tailor your goal setting and powersheets to seasons of uncertainty. You can find all the info here!
Don’t have a set of Powersheets yet? Don’t worry you can get a 6 month set now!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links