This summer is flying by and I am determined to make the most of it! So I can’t wait to share the ways I am savoring the last of summer with my Powersheets! (Don’t know what Powersheets are? Start Here!)
Before we move onto August, I want to share a few moments from July. You might remember from my last Tending List post that the month did not start out at all how I planned, but things don’t have to go the way we planned for good things to still happen:
#1: We got to go see Bruce, my brother in love, get married! It was taxing on my body but great for my heart! Welcome to the family Maggie!
#2: I finished my 7th Write the Word Journal! Now I am moving onto “The Garden: Nourish Your Soul” WTW, and in 5 days they are restocking 10 limited edition WTW Journals and they will sell fast so make sure to order here before these 10 editions are sold out as they will most likely not be back for quite a while!
#3: Releasing one of my favorite episodes by far on Chronically Cultivating all about the “H” word – Healing. Check it out here on Apple Podcasts or Spotify!
My Prepare Well Page
Before we get into my tending list, I want to share my prepare well page with you!
I believe that the best way we can use our Powersheets is to make them our own. I noticed part way through this year – while on my *cue the confetti* FOURTH set of Powersheets – that the monthly prepare well page wasn’t serving me as well as it used to.
So I tried something very different – I took my prepare well page and truly made it my own! I turned it into a page to hold the details of different monthly and weekly action items. Whether it was a check list for a an action item, breakdown of a goal, or a new rhythm to cultivate – I now flip back to the page ALL THE TIME 🎉 (which was my goal in doing this!!)
Remember there is no wrong way to use your powersheets, but I do encourage you to be YOU on these pages (and if you need a sticker pick me up or a simplified blank and white look – YOU DO YOU!)
My Tending List
Now onto August’s Tending List! This month my top priority is to savor the garden
- Celebrate Jared: It is his birthday this month and I want him to celebrate him so well!
- Establish New Rhythms: There are some routines in our home that just aren’t working for us so we are going to work to establish new rhythms.
- Update Grace + Goals Library: I am getting the Grace + Goals Library ready for something big that is coming!
- Batch Content and Emails: Still sticking with my Q3 Goal of focusing on long term tasks even if in the short term it slows down the content coming out currently.
- Surprise Someone with Confetti – Happy mail is going to be on its way to someone this month!
- Prepare for September: As always us PSP Gals get together once a month to close out the current month and make our tending lists for the upcoming month! Easily the best part of my month!
- Savor the Garden: For us here in New England before we know it the cold will be coming so as we get closer to that I want to truly savor every bloom the garden produces.
- Delight in PSPG: we, The PSP Gals, love creating content for y’all and I am honored to be the visionary and content planner – and I love any extra reason to throw confetti!!
- Promote CC + Blog: I can’t steward my platform well if I don’t promote the content!
- Love Jared Well: spend intentional time together without our phones.
- Cultivate Weekend Rhythms: Saturday and Sunday are busy days for me normally and I have been working on getting in a good groove since May of this year and I want to continue to perfect that.
- Throw Confetti: Not only do I track my daily victories with my “celebrate every tiny victory” wildcard (and want to make sure I log it weekly) but I also want to make sure I throw confetti at least once a week! I do this every Wednesday on my instagram!
- Pause, Praise, + Prayer: This past June, I spent some glorious mornings on the sunporch and in the garden where I just worshiped and spent time in prayer. I want to make this a regular thing.
Daily Goals: I use my daily goals more as a habit tracker than a strict goal and it gives me more freedom in seasons of uncertainty.
- Stay Faithful: my focus for the month is Luke 16:10 I want to stay faithful to do what God has called me too.
- Engage: I want to be consistently present here in this community!
- Victory Log: Everyday I log one victory a day with this wildcard!
- Garden Check: I am using my newest “plant/habit tracker” wildcard to track how often and how much I water my plants so I can get to know my houseplants better. I am also checking on my garden bed everyday!
- Word First: I want to make sure that before I do ANY work that I have been in His Word because that is the most important way I can use my time; I want to actively remember that there is no work or ministry that comes before Him.
- Little by Little: Rather than using a monthly wildcard page to highlight how God is moving in my life, I am using the Little by Little Journal (currently sold out) to write down one way that I saw God move that day. I’ve been doing this since the start of 2021 and love it!
I am using this daily plant tracker in the simplified option to track how I water my plants to notice patterns. I am per normal also tracking my daily victories!
Want to download this wildcard? Head to the Wildcard Library in the button below!
In case you didn’t know, here on Living the Chronic Illness Life you now have access to the
which helps you tailor your goal setting and powersheets to seasons of uncertainty. You can find all the info here!
Don’t have a set of Powersheets yet?
Don’t worry you can get a 6 month set now
for 40% OFF!!!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links