I cannot believe we are in the final month of quarter 3, but here we are! Let’s finish out our last tending list in Q3 strong! (Don’t know what Tending Lists or Powersheets are? Start Here!)
Before we move onto September, I want to share a few moments from August:
#1: Celebrated Wednesday Wins with my brother Stephen!
#2: I stepped back from social media and got to work on a really exciting project that I can’t wait to share in the coming months!
#3: Celebrated Jared’s Birthday!
#4: I enjoyed using glitter gel pens in my Write the Word Journals and Powersheets – I didn’t think I would love them so much!
Knowing the start of fall is a crazy time, I deliberately made my tending list super simple to help me stay focused and reduce the “noise” I’m taking in – even noise I am creating.
My Prepare Well Page
Before we get into my tending list, I want to share my prepare well page with you! Over the past few months, I’ve been repurposing my prepare well page as I was kind of bored with my regular format so I decided to put my sticker book into action and had a great time! This month I used the boxes for a prayer for the month and for fine-tuning some rhythms and routines I started trialing last month.
Remember there is no wrong way to use your powersheets, but I do encourage you to be YOU on these pages (and if you need a sticker pick me up or a simplified blank and white look – YOU DO YOU!)
My Tending List
Now onto My September Tending List! This month my top priority is to stay faithful in the little by little and hard work. I am especially clinging to the truth God revealed to my heart in this season:
You can’t make progress on your goals if the guilt of yesterday is preventing grace today.Cassie Nolin
- RRRR Writing: something BIG is coming to the Grace + Goals Community that you’ve been asking for! I can’t wait to share it with you, but if you’re on the email list you’ll be the first to know!
- Cultivate the Grace + Goals (G+G) Community: I love getting to know you in real life and delight in having you apart of this community and hope to get to know y’all better!
- Prep for launch: there are two big launches coming up in Q4 so I have a lot to get ready for.
- Refresh + October PSP: As always us PSP Gals get together once a month to close out the current month and make our tending lists for the upcoming month! Easily the best part of my month! I will also have to do my refresh for Q4.
- Recount God’s Faithfulness: I want to focus in on seeing, celebrating, and savoring God’s goodness. I am doing this through the See the Good G+G wildcard page (more details below)
- Get Creative with Sam: Sam, one of the PSP Gals, and I have a goal to try a new craft/artistic project every quarter and we are going to make that happen. This craft will involve confetti and I am so excited!
- PSPG Content: we, The PSP Gals, love creating content for y’all and I am honored to be the visionary and content planner – and I love any extra reason to throw confetti!!
- Finish Q3 Strong: I have a bunch of medical tasks to take care of that I hope to accomplish before October
- Enjoying Chronically Cultivating: I started CC because I loved it and I don’t want to forget to enjoy this part of my platform
- Love Jared Well: spend intentional time together without our phones.
- Weekly Check In: Jared and I do a weekly check in to prepare for our week ahead and I want to continue to do this (I lay it out in my prepare well page)
- Weekend Rhythm: Saturday and Sunday are busy days for me normally, and I have been working on getting in a good groove since May of this year and I want to continue to follow through on that (more details in my prepare well page)
- Throw Confetti: Not only do I track my daily victories with my “celebrate every tiny victory” wildcard (and want to make sure I log it weekly) but I also want to make sure I throw confetti at least once a week! I do this every Wednesday on my instagram!
- Do the Hard Work: this refers to working through trauma recovery work
Daily Goals: I use my daily goals more as a habit tracker than a strict goal and it gives me more freedom in seasons of uncertainty.
- 2 hour Focus: spend 2 hours working each day
- Stay faithful: I want to stay faithful to do what God has called me too, and I want to be consistently present here in this community!
- Evening Routine: Jared and I are trying out a new evening routine to help us streamline our evenings
- Open + Check into my Powersheets: I need to be better about going in and checking into my goals daily as I think this will help me stay better accountable to my goals
- His Word First: I want to make sure that before I do ANY work that I have been in His Word because that is the most important way I can use my time; I want to actively remember that there is no work or ministry that comes before Him.
- Little by Little: Rather than using a monthly wildcard page to highlight how God is moving in my life, I am using the Little by Little Journal (currently sold out) to write down one way that I saw God move that day. I’ve been doing this since the start of 2021 and love it!
I want to savor this September and stay faithful to the things God has called me to so I am proposing that we make a goal to look for the good so that we can see it and savor it! What do you think?
If you want to join this challenge with me, you can download the Grace + Goals Wildcard of the Month “See the Good Wildcard” to help you savor this September!
As always I use the quarterly Celebrate Every Tiny Victory wildcard. This wildcard changed my life because even when life isn’t going the way I planned or hoped I can see that every day still holds at least one victory no matter how small.
Want to download this wildcard or the See Thee Good? Head to the Wildcard Library in the button below!
In case you didn’t know, here on Living the Chronic Illness Life you now have access to the
🎉 Grace + Goals Resource Library 🎉
which helps you tailor your goal setting and powersheets to seasons of uncertainty. You can find all the info here!
Don’t have a set of Powersheets yet? Don’t worry you can get a 6 month set now!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links