I can’t believe we are in the last quarter of 2021 – it feels surreal! Yet, this refresh couldn’t have come at a better time. I have lately been feeling discouraged as I notice disease progression, especially as I have seen a decline in my energy (aka my spoons.) Watching your already limited energy become even more limited is heartbreaking, but I know from lots of experience that I can fully grieve this loss and work on moving forward all in the same season. Grief and joy can coexist because His joy (non-circumstantial joy that we use as our strength) is not invalidated by our grief.
So with that life update and sharing the posture of my heart going into this season – let’s refresh!
(Don’t know what Refreshes or Powersheets are? Start Here!)
As I prayed and worked through the refresh, I knew that a huge focus of this season of my life needs to be determining what my “new energy normal” is; I need my goals not only be simplified but specific. To help me with this, I went back to my 2021 prep work. I want to remember what I set out to do and what God placed on my heart for the year back in December. Some of the pages that really helped me were: What Fires Me Up (pg. 9), Get Ready to Break Free (pg. 14), Who I Really Am + I Am Moving Past Fear (pg. 15), The Big Picture (pg. 17), The Goal Action Plans (pg. 32-47), and the page that really jumped out at me was the My Cultivated Year (pg. 18)
This page helped me remember my why and encouraged me to keep in mind this vision because this vision isn’t dependent solely on what I can accomplish. It heavily relies on God’s grace, living presently with my people, and trading control for confetti which is how I want to finish out my year.
Next week on October 6th at 10 am, the 2022 Powersheets Intentional Goal Planner are available to buy, and as excited as I am, #teamblooms, I don’t want to get so excited for 2022 that I miss out on all that the next 90 days of 2021 will hold! I’m not going to wait to until January 1st – I am going to choose to cultivate what matters right now. So here’s what I hope the next 90 days will hold!
The four goals I have are:
- Do my best + let God do the rest
- Cultivate the Grace + Goals Community
- Launch RRRR
- Keep Doing the Hard Work
If you are curious about how I use my flag colors, you can find the explanation here.
My “theme” and greatest goal for the next 90 days is to do my best and let God to the rest. My best will not look the same in every season, but no matter how “good” or “productive” my best is I still need Jesus. I need to trust that when I do my best – which is all God, ourselves, and others can ask for – that God will do the rest. I will actively be working to accept my best because God already has; I trust Him with my work, my best, and my rest which is why I don’t need to hustle.
I love these goal action steps pages they have given us in the 2021 refreshes and got very creative with my stickers and I am obsessed with how these pages came out! Lauren, one of The PSP Gals, challenged herself to use up her whole sticker book before 2022. I have too many stickers and sticker books to attempt that, but I love the idea of trying to find a purpose for all the stickers I don’t use very often and these pages came out SO GOOD!
Now just like you there are goals that I am not ready to share that are private (or because they would give away a huge surprise) but I also run Grace + Goals and write these blogs posts to show you how I break down my goals so I still want to do that with my most important goal!
Do My Best + Let God Do The Rest
Why: because my best will not look the same in every season season, but no matter how “good” my best is, it will never be enough to not need Him [Jesus] so I’ll trust my work to Him
- Be in the Word first: I can’t do my best at anything if I am not doing my best to have a relationship with the Lord. When I feel I “don’t have time for Him or for being in the Word” that is not trusting my best or my rest to Him. I don’t need to hustle because I know my best starts in Him and that when I spend my time with Him first, He will help me with “the rest” of my goals.
- 2 Hour focus each day for 5 days a week: I have found that even with limited energy I can typically work on the things He has called me to for at least 2 hours a day. So this quarter, I aim to have at least 5 days a week that I attempt a 2 hour focus.
- Determine what my are new energy limits are: This is not a simple process, it is going to take time, patience, and energy logging to help me figure out how to work with my limited energy rather than fight against it.
- Test out high and low energy planning: I cannot wait to share how this goes with you! I am going to be testing out some new ways to plan out my days to help me give my body grace and accomplish my goals.
- Refresh routines: Now it’s important for me to mention that when I say routine I do not mean schedule. I left schedules behind me a long time ago, I just focus on routines. For example, I have a morning routine and I complete it no matter what time I wake up. As this is a new season and I’m adjusting to my body’s needs, I need to also refresh these routines to make sure they are serving me well.
- Weekend Rhythm: Much like my routines I talked about above, I have a weekend rhythm which consist of specific tasks that aren’t in a specific order (like a routine) but are action items I complete every weekend like: watering plants, tape my shoulders, planning the week ahead, updating our family whiteboard, rotating the plants, refill my pill cases, restock the med cart, etc. So I want to see what I can add, adjust, or take away to help me love my body well in this season.
Well there you have it! That’s my final Refresh of 2021! Before I close out this post though, I can’t forget to share my quarterly wildcard that has changed my life – the Celebrate Every Tiny Victory Wildcard! You can download it for free here!
What is the most important goal you are setting out to achieve in the last 90 days of 2021? I’d love to hear!
Don’t have a set of Powersheets yet? Well, set your alarms! The 2022 Powersheets go on sale on Wednesday October 6th at 10 am EST!
I am #teamblooms!
I would so appreciate if you would use my link here as all of your orders allow me to keep the Grace + Goals Community free and accessible to everyone! Also as a thank you for ordering through my link here, if you order through my link on launch day, send me an email with your order number and amount, and I will send you a free ebook: Grace-filled Goal Setting Mindsets to take into 2022!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links