Y’all have been waiting for this and I am delighted to share it with you! Each year, I host a Powersheets Prep Party for The PSP Gals (take a look at last year’s here!) In this post, I am going to share (in this order): our montage of the day, the table + decor, our party favor items, our party itinerary, show you an exclusive table video, and share our favorite pens and tools! (Don’t know what #powersheets are? Start Here!)
We, The PSP Gals and I, spent a solid month planning this table and it was absolutely stunning. We used the same light gold sequined table cloth and our custom table runner from last year with hand made confetti, by Sam and I, along with extra gold glitter sprinkled on top!
(if you are looking for the exclusive table video you will find it right before the links section)
Each year, we enjoy decorating my dining room and creating a space that we love and that will inspire us from the big items to the small details. Maura does all of the hand lettering for us, and if you love what she did, check out her etsy! Below you can see the name cards she made for us! We also re-used our Cultivate boxes that Sam and I made for the 2021 PSP party and we custom filled them with our favorite tools. Lauren bought greenery and flowers, and found that she has a hidden talent in arranging flowers!
Every year, we make a cowbell as our “party favor.” I didn’t think Sam could top what she did in 2021, but my goodness she DID!
I think it’s safe for me to assume that you know how much I love confetti… so this year Sam and I personally made our confetti! We matched the colors to the 2022 Collection and it came out better than we could have imagined!
To give you a better look at this table, below is the exclusive video I promised on IG!
Some of these links are not exactly the same as some of what we used are not sold anymore, but I did my best to link everything.
- White Cowbells
- Tissue Paper for Confetti: Gold Metallic, Bright Colors, and here is some pre-cut confetti that looks a lot like ours but is already done
- Blooms Tumblers
- Phone Away Pouch
- Cultivate Sticker Books + Packs
- Tending Tape
- Boxes (these are not the exact boxes we DIY’ed, but are similar)
- Spray Paint for Boxes
- Cultivate Wrapping Paper used to decoupage the boxes
- Modpodge and Brushes
- 8 oz Mason Jars (these are not the exact same ones as those are limited edition Mason Jars that are not sold anymore but I linked similar ones)
- Mason Jars
- Glitter to put at the bottom of the Mason Jars
So we don’t strictly hold ourselves to follow this itinerary perfectly, its more of a guide to help us stay on track.
9:30 am everyone arrives and has a light brunch (quiches, berries, coffee, muffins, mimosas etc.)
10:00 am Powersheets Signing Celebration + we got some wonderful group photos as well!
1:00 pm dig into our prep work!
1:45 pm Lunch break (we got takeout from our favorite home town eatery)
2:30 keep digging into our prep work!
3:30 Tea and Desserts
4:00 Continue prep work!
6:00 Sparkling Cider Toast to the New Year!
(then we had a lot of confetti to clean up 🤣)
Our Favorite Tools
Before I end this post, I would be remiss if I didn’t share our favorite pens and tools with you! We are pen obsessed so here are our favorites:
- Papermate Mechanical Pencils: as a whole, all The PSP Gals favorite pencil is this one
- PaperMate Flair Pens: universally we all use this black pen almost exclusively, but the whole colorful set is used frequently among all of us
- Frixion Erasable Markers + Frixion Gel Pens: other than Maura, we – especially Cassie and Lauren – all also these use gel pens and markers quite frequently too
- Aen Art Glitter Gel Pens: I am obsessed with these and did the majority of my prep work in glitter gel pens
- Cultivate What Matters Color Coding Markers: Lauren uses these to highlight in her powersheets
- Metallic Gold Pens: we also enjoy using these gold pens (they come with silver too, but we prefer the gold)
- Mildliner highlighter pens: Maura and Sam use these often to highlight
- LePen fine point pen and uchida calligraphy pens: Maura uses these to decorate her powersheets as well
Well that’s it! I don’t know how we will top this next year because this one was pretty darn good!
In case you didn’t know, here on Living the Chronic Illness Life you now have access to the
which helps you tailor your goal setting and powersheets to seasons of uncertainty. You can find all the info here!
Don’t have a set of powersheets yet? Grab a set today! There are only three cover choices left and once they sell out they won’t be restocked until next year!
The 2022 Powersheets are now available to buy! I am #teamblooms this year and in this 2022 Collection my top three must haves are: the Goal Setting Sticker Book, the Snap In Wildcard Holder, and the SeaGlass Cultivate Tote Bag!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, confetti, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. She is on a mission to help other women learn how to trade guilt for God’s grace and control for confetti! You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links