Before we move onto April, I want to share a few moments and progress updates from March:
#1: This past fall, I planted tulips in my raised garden bed for the first time and they have started sprouting! I am too excited 🎉
#2: At the beginning of March, we got to celebrate Maura and Baby Rose at her baby shower! We, The PSP Gals, delight in sharing real life together and had such a sweet time.
#3: Enjoyed working through the first refresh of 2022 with my theme for the quarter ahead being: Lean Into This Season.
#4: We closed out the first quarter of The Grace + Goals Quarter Calendar with a fantastic master class!
My Prepare Well Page
Before we get into my tending list, I want to share my prepare well page with you! (Don’t know what Powersheets are? Start Here!)
In 2021, I started repurposing my prepare well page as I was kind of bored with my regular format so I’ve been putting my stickers to work. I repurposed this page because I found I wasn’t turning back to it or using it. I’m on my 5th set of powersheets and just like I encourage you to make your Powersheets your own, this is one of the ways I am making them my own! This month in the top left box, I am refreshing my weekend rhythm. Now I may not do all of these things, I am more so just trying to figure out what pieces will fit into the puzzle in this season as our best can change season to season, so even while I am frustrated about this I want to figure out what will be best for my body in this season. I am also going to try out a new Monday Routine for Platform Tasks. In another box, I made a master list of different ways I can connect with you (and the rest of the Grace + Goals community) because YOU are a delight! Finally I used my final box to make a list of happy mail I want to send out people this month (it is covered because I love sending members of the Grace + Goals Community surprise happy mail and I don’t want to ruin the surprise because you might be on that list! 🎉🎉🎉)
Remember there is no wrong way to use your powersheets, but I do encourage you to be YOU on these pages (whether you use all the stickers to repurpose the page, use the page as intended, or go with a simplified blank and white look – YOU DO YOU!)
My Tending List
Now onto April’s Tending List! This month my top priority is to Lean Into This Season, and I used one of the 2022 Stickers that says “lean into your season.” My encouraging words truly sum up how I want to start this spring: Root in faith. Sprout with consistency. Grow in grace. Flourish in joy.
You probably know that I LOVE all things gardening and growing, so I started each monthly action item off with a garden-related verb!
- Cultivate the Collective: not only do I want to delight in each of the current Accountability Collective members, but this April we will close out Q1, and I will be reopening the enrollment for the next quarter of the Accountability Collective (May, June, July) on April 11th! So if you have been waiting for enrollment to open back up set your alarms! (for more details on the Grace + Goals Accountability Collective, you can find it here.)
- Propagate April’s Content Calendar: I am learning that when I prepare my content in advance I have more time to connect with y’all; so I want to continue to steward my time better to make more room for that.
- Tend to the Blog: I’m ready to continue to share life with you here on this blog and have some really great posts planned for April!
- Grow the Grace + Goals Community: I am excited to lead the G+G Q2 free Community Coaching Call on April 20th you can register here! Secondly, I love getting to know you in real life and delight in having you apart of this community and hope to get to know y’all better. I want to be present here and continue to build an actual relationship with you!
- Sow Seeds for 2022 Garden Bed: I will be seed starting in my Aerogarden and enjoying the most wonderful time of the year (well for me at least!) I will be growing many colorful zinnias, white cosmos, and dwarf sunflowers!
- Savor Cheering Other On: I love sending happy mail and want to get back into a regular routine of doing that, and I used one of the boxes on my repurposed prepare well pages to hold my list.
- Refresh our Weekly Check In: Every Sunday, before the week begins, Jared and I go over our plans/schedules by time blocking so we stay on top of everything. We will be slightly refreshing how we do this to adjust to a new season of life for us both.
- Celebrate 4 Years of Marriage: I CANNOT BELIEVE we are celebrating FOUR years of marriage! We want to celebrate it well.
- Dig into the Psalms: One of my yearly goals is to Cultivate a love for God’s Word and I want to get back into doing my deep dive study of the Psalms through a multi-translational study this month.
- Monday Rhythm: I am trying something new by implementing a platform check in day so that I can stay better on top of all of it. I used one of my prepare well boxes for this.
- Refresh My Weekend: Again I used a repurposed prepare well box to list out all the tasks I hypothetically could do in one weekend as I am refreshing my weekend rhythm. Now I most likely will not do all of these things, I am more so just trying to figure out what pieces will fit into the puzzle in this season as our best can change season to season, so even while I am frustrated about this I want to figure out what will be best for my body in this season.
- Keep Making Progress: I am making it a goal to continue to finish up goals that I have mostly completed or wasn’t able to fully finish – it’s never too late! I am committing to working on this list once a week rather than leave it as a monthly goal so that I can better pace myself and not wait until the end of the month to try to get it all done.
- Stay Refreshed: We need to do the things that refresh our souls and that are life giving because those things that give us joy and peace and comfort fill us up so that we can better give more into our goals. Obviously its a balance but if you don’t make time for the things that fire you up you will probably find yourself exhausted rather than energized. So for this month, each week I am going to do something from my “what fires me up” page (9) from my 2022 Prep Work.
- Love Jared Well: We aim to spend intentional time together without our phones at least once a week.
- Check Our Budget: We are trying to stay really on top of our finances right now so we can steward them best for the season ahead, and we are using a new budgeting system and will check in on our budget once a week. Little by little adds up in every way!
Daily Goals: I use my daily goals more as a habit tracker than a strict goal and it gives me more freedom in seasons of uncertainty.
- Open my TL: I routinely check into my powersheets about once a week, track all my daily habits on my phone, and then transfer them in each week. This month I want to try to open my powersheets and check in everyday as I think it help me make better progress and stay more productive throughout the week (especially the end of the week) so we will see how this goes!
- Stay Connected: I want to stay faithful to do what God has called me too, and I want to be consistently present here in this community.
- Wildcards: I religiously use the “Quarterly Celebrate Every Tiny Victory” Wildcard to log one victory a day! I am also using the Grace + Goals Wildcard of the Month: “So Let It Grow”
- Little by Little: Rather than using a monthly wildcard page to highlight how God is moving in my life, I am using the Little by Little Journal to write down one way that I saw God move that day. I’ve been doing this since the start of 2021 and love it!
- Prayer: I want to get back into making prayer a priority in my morning routine because the only one who can truly change most situations completely is Jesus and so I need to start my day by fighting the battles in this life “on my knees.”
- Daily Bread: I am so excited to go through the WTW Lent, and I want to make sure that before I do ANY work that I have been in His Word because that is the most important way I can use my time; I want to actively remember that there is no work or ministry that comes before Him.
- Evening QT: I am working on reading through the Bible in a year at night on the Bible app. I tend to not dig into the Word when I can’t take the “right notes” so I am trying to focus more on why I am in the Word rather than how I am.
I am focused on growing this April and watching little by little along with my imperfect progress add up and so I am proposing that we make a goal to look for the ways we are growing so that we can see it and savor it! What do you think?
If you want to join this challenge with me, you can download the Grace + Goals Wildcard of the Month “So Let it Grow” to help you savor this April!
As always I use the quarterly Celebrate Every Tiny Victory wildcard. This wildcard changed my life because even when life isn’t going the way I planned or hoped, I can see that every day still holds at least one victory no matter how small.
Want to download this wildcard? Head to the Wildcard Library in the button below!
What are you excited to see grow this April? I’d love to know in the comments!
In case you didn’t know, here on Living the Chronic Illness Life you now have access to the
🎉 Grace + Goals Resource Library 🎉
which helps you tailor your goal setting and powersheets to seasons of uncertainty. You can find all the info here!
The 2022 Powersheets are sold out, but there is so much of the collection available! I am #teamblooms this year and in this 2022 Collection my top three must haves are: the Goal Setting Sticker Book, the Snap In Wildcard Holder, and the SeaGlass Cultivate Tote Bag!
P.S. if you didn’t snag a set of 2022 Powersheets, keep your eyes out over the next couple months because typically you will see 6 month undated Powersheets Planner get added to the shop!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, confetti, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. She is on a mission to help other women learn how to trade guilt for God’s grace and control for confetti! You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links