Before we move onto July, I want to share a few moments and progress updates from June:
#1: I have been DELIGHTED to see my garden bloom and flourish! I’ve never had a flourishing garden that produces so many blooms, so I am soaking in all of that – I’ve already had more than 50 blooms!
#2: I have been loving going out into the sunporch each morning with a cup of tea and sit in my red chair while spending time in prayer, worship, and His Word. These “Sunporch Starts” as I like to call them are one of the highlights of my day.
#3: I refreshed my goals and shifted my focus for this season ahead to choosing daily diligence over perfect progress.
#4: I prepared to start using the 90 Day Powersheets this July for all of my Grace + Goals projects/ to-do’s, and I am excited to see how this works out!
Before we get into my tending list, (Don’t know what Tending Lists or Powersheets are? Start Here!) I want to remind you of one thing:
Remember there is no wrong way to use your powersheets, but I do encourage you to be YOU on these pages (whether you use all the stickers to repurpose the page, use the page as intended, or go with a simplified blank and white look – YOU DO YOU!)– your resident recovering perfectionist
My Tending List
Now onto July’s Tending List! This month my top priority is to focus on daily diligence over perfect progress. Now because I am using the 90 Day PS for my Platform goals, I don’t have them listed out, but I do have a monthly and daily goal to keep me checked in and on top of it. I was extremely intentional about not filling both lists. I brainstormed them both in July’s Brainstorm Your Month page so I wouldn’t fill them both as that’s not achievable. We will see how this goes as I am trying it out for 90 Days, and I promise to keep you updated on IG and here once I hit 90 days!
- G+G Goals: I am testing out the 90 Day Powersheets to separate my platform goals from my personal goals, but I am keeping my goals here so that I stay connected to them. Because I have a all my platform goals over there, I made space to track those here. (You will also notice that I left 3 blank monthly lines here so that I wouldn’t overwhelm myself.)
- Schedule Hard Things: My life is changing medically as I face disease progression so I need to take care of myself by scheduling some of these appointments.
- Keep Making Progress: I am making it a goal to continue to finish up goals that I have mostly completed or wasn’t able to fully finish – it’s never too late!
- Blog Posts:
- Prepare for August: I will be prepping both my 90 Day PS Tending List, and my Powersheets here to get ready for a new month. I can’t wait to dig in and as always we PSP Gals get together at the end of the month to close out the current month and make our tending lists for the upcoming month! Easily the best part of my month!
- Enjoy our Sisters Trip: Caitie and I are spending a night in Boston to see 5 Seconds of Summer the Take My Hand World Tour! This will be our 9th concert together!
- Refresh Our Check In: Every Sunday, Jared and I set aside space to time-block our week and check in on our marriage + hearts. We are going to be trying a couple new things to streamline these meetings.
- Love Jared Well: We aim to spend intentional time together without our phones at least once a week.
- @ThePSPGals: I delight in having this IG account to share with The PSP Gals and want to steward it well!
- Tend to the Garden: Each week I tend to and nourish to my ever-growing garden
- Call a Family Member: I want to cultivate deeper relationships with family members, so I am working to call/spend time with a different family member each week.
- Check In + Plan the Week: This consists of our weekly check in as a couple and then my separate time that I set aside to plan out my week.
- Weekend Rhythm: I tend to spend my weekends dedicated to housework and preparing for the week ahead. I keep my rhythm for the month in one of the boxes on the prepare well page it includes things like our weekly planning session, church, and checking into my Powersheets!
Daily Goals: I use my daily goals more as a habit tracker than a strict goal and it gives me more freedom in seasons of uncertainty.
- Check G+G Powersheets: Making sure I am checking into my goals!
- Open TL: I routinely check into my powersheets about once a week, track all my daily habits on my phone, and then transfer them in each week. This month I want to try to open my powersheets and check in everyday as I think it help me make better progress and stay more productive throughout the week (especially the end of the week) so we will see how this goes!
- Wildcards: I religiously use the “Quarterly Celebrate Every Tiny Victory” Wildcard to log one victory a day, and I’m also using the Grace + Goals Wildcard of the Month: Cultivate Each Day.
- Wind-Down at 10:15: I am trying to be kind to my body by staying further on top of my sleep schedule so I can cultivate each day with as many “spoons” as possible (see The Spoon Theory for details.)
- Rather than using a monthly wildcard page to highlight how God is moving in my life, I am using the Little by Little Journal to write down one way that I saw God move that day. I’ve been doing this since the start of 2021 and love it!
- Prayer: want to get back into making prayer a priority in my morning routine because the only one who can truly change most situations completely is Jesus and so I need to start my day by fighting the battles in this life “on my knees.”
- Daily Bread: I want to make sure that before I do ANY work that I have been in His Word because that is the most important way I can use my time; I want to actively remember that there is no work or ministry that comes before Him. I am using the Write the Word: Cultivate Prayer
As I aim to cultivate an intention life, I am going to log one highlight from my day and what it cultivates. So I am proposing that we make a goal to Cultivate Each Day together! What do you think?
If you want to join this challenge with me, you can download the Grace + Goals Wildcard of the Month “Cultivate Each Day” to help you savor this July!
As always I use the quarterly Celebrate Every Tiny Victory wildcard. This wildcard changed my life because even when life isn’t going the way I planned or hoped, I can see that every day still holds at least one victory no matter how small.
Want to download this wildcard? Head to the Wildcard Library in the button below!
I would love to continue this conversation. In two weeks, Thursday July 28, 2022 at 7 pm EST, I will be hosting the third Grace + Goals Coaching Call of 2022! Each 2022 Community Call topic is going to be focused on taking us back to our Powersheets Prep Work and applying these pages to the goals we are currently working on today!
Enrollment Opens in 4 DAYS!
Are you looking to join a community that meets once a month face to face to stay accountable to their goals and check into their Powersheets?
You are not going to want to miss the limited enrollment for this quarter’s G+G Accountability Collective!
In case you didn’t know, here on Living the Chronic Illness Life you now have access to the
🎉 Grace + Goals Resource Library 🎉
which helps you tailor your goal setting and powersheets to seasons of uncertainty. You can find all the info here!
The 2022 Powersheets are sold out, but there is so much of the collection available! I am #teamblooms this year and in this 2022 Collection my top three must haves are: the Goal Setting Sticker Book, the Snap In Wildcard Holder, and the SeaGlass Cultivate Tote Bag!
P.S. if you didn’t snag a set of 2022 Powersheets, the 90 Day Powersheets are BACK IN STOCK! They sold out within 8 hours last month, so run to the shop and get a set before they sell out again!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, confetti, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. She is on a mission to help other women learn how to trade guilt for God’s grace and control for confetti! You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links
2 thoughts on “July Tending List 2022”