Before we move onto August, I want to share a few moments and progress updates from July:
#1: I FINALLY FINISHED THE BOARD! In February, I have had a goal to finish making a time blocking board for Jared and I, but perfection kept me from completing it. So my sister-in-love who I share a brain with helped me finish it!
#2: We had an FANTASTIC Q3 Community Coaching Call! I delight in these calls and this was one of my favorite CC’s this year!
#3: Caitie and I finally got to go to the 5SOS Concert that we’ve been waiting for for 2 years!
#4: Enjoyed so many new blooms although I lost my sunflowers due to spider-mites
Remember there is no wrong way to use your powersheets, but I do encourage you to be YOU on these pages (whether you use all the stickers to repurpose the page, use the page as intended, or go with a simplified blank and white look – YOU DO YOU!)
My Tending List
Now onto August’s Tending List! This month my top priority is to enjoy the blooms as the summer season comes to an end. I aim to continue working on the diligent habits that I starting working on in July.
Now because I am using the 90 Day PS for my Platform goals, I don’t have them listed out, but I do have a monthly and daily goal to keep me checked in and on top of it. I was extremely intentional about not filling both lists. I brainstormed them both in August’s Brainstorm Your Month page so I wouldn’t fill them both as that’s not achievable. We will see how this goes as I am trying it out for 90 Days, and I promise to keep you updated on IG and here once I hit 90 days!
So far I am LOVING it! I am using it almost as a “glorified break it down page” and it is proving to be really helpful!
- G+G Goals: I am testing out the 90 Day Powersheets to separate my platform goals from my personal goals, but I am keeping my goals here so that I stay connected to them. Because I have a all my platform goals over there, I made space to track those here. (You will also notice that I left 3 blank monthly lines here so that I wouldn’t overwhelm myself.)
- Celebrate August Birthdays: Jared, my husband, and my Sister-in-love Joanne both have August Birthdays and I want to celebrate them well!
- Finish Embrace Your Almost Book: I have been trying to finish this book for a while now, but haven’t been on top of finishing it so that is a goal of mine this month.
- Refresh the Garden: It is the last month of summer, so I am planting the final flower bunches from my Aerogarden to the garden for the final blooms to come in September.
- Plan Ahead Gracefully: My life is changing medically as I face disease progression so I need to take care of myself by planning ahead through expecting uncertainty.
- Draft Application: This is part of a HUGE big dream goal of mine, and I am taking a huge step this quarter!
- Prep for September: I will be prepping both my 90 Day PS Tending List, and my Powersheets here to get ready for a new month. I can’t wait to dig in and as always we PSP Gals get together at the end of the month to close out the current month and make our tending lists for the upcoming month! Easily the best part of my month!
- Love Jared Well: We aim to spend intentional time together without our phones at least once a week.
- Check In + Plan the Week: This consists of our weekly check in as a couple along with time-blocking our week, and then my separate time that I set aside to plan out my week.
- Call a Family Member: I want to cultivate deeper relationships with family members, so I am working to call/spend time with a different family member each week.
- Church + Grace Podcast Episode: During July’s Community Coaching Call the action step I committed to was adding in one podcast sermon a week from our church to help me grow in my faith.
- Tend to the Garden: Each week I tend to and nourish to my ever-growing garden.
- @ThePSPGals: I delight in having this IG account to share with The PSP Gals and want to steward it well!
Daily Goals: I use my daily goals more as a habit tracker than a strict goal and it gives me more freedom in seasons of uncertainty.
- Prayer: want to get back into making prayer a priority in my morning routine because the only one who can truly change most situations completely is Jesus and so I need to start my day by fighting the battles in this life “on my knees.”
- Daily Bread: I want to make sure that before I do ANY work that I have been in His Word because that is the most important way I can use my time; I want to actively remember that there is no work or ministry that comes before Him. I am using the Write the Word: Cultivate Prayer
- Check G+G Powersheets: Making sure I am checking into my goals via my 90 day PS!
- Wildcards: I religiously use the “Quarterly Celebrate Every Tiny Victory” Wildcard to log one victory a day, and I’m also using the Grace + Goals Wildcard of the Month: Live Out Your Goals
- Open TL: I routinely check into my powersheets about once a week, track all my daily habits on my phone, and then transfer them in each week. This month I want to try to open my powersheets and check in everyday as I think it help me make better progress and stay more productive throughout the week (especially the end of the week) so we will see how this goes!
- Little By Little: Rather than using a monthly wildcard page to highlight how God is moving in my life, I am using the Little by Little Journal to write down one way that I saw God move that day. I’ve been doing this since the start of 2021 and love it!
- Wind-Down at 10:15: I am trying to be kind to my body by staying further on top of my sleep schedule so I can cultivate each day with as many “spoons” as possible (see The Spoon Theory for details.)
I want to savor my goals and my progress on those goals so I am proposing that we make a goal to note our progress as we move closer to our big picture vision. What do you think?
If you want to join this challenge with me, you can download the Grace + Goals Wildcard of the Month “Live It Out” to help you work towards your big picture vision!
As always I use the quarterly Celebrate Every Tiny Victory wildcard. This wildcard changed my life because even when life isn’t going the way I planned or hoped, I can see that every day still holds at least one victory no matter how small.
Want to download this wildcard? Head to the Wildcard Library in the button below!
In case you didn’t know, here on Living the Chronic Illness Life you now have access to the
which helps you tailor your goal setting and powersheets to seasons of uncertainty. You can find all the info here!
The 2022 Powersheets are sold out, but there is so much of the collection available! I am #teamblooms this year and in this 2022 Collection my top three must haves are: the Goal Setting Sticker Book, the Snap In Wildcard Holder, and the SeaGlass Cultivate Tote Bag!
P.S. if you didn’t snag a set of 2022 Powersheets, keep your eyes out over the next couple months because typically you will see 6 month undated Powersheets Planner get added to the shop!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, confetti, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. She is on a mission to help other women learn how to trade guilt for God’s grace and control for confetti! You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links