Before we move onto September, I want to share a few moments and progress updates from August:
#1: This August, we celebrated Jared’s birthday along with our younger sister Joanne’s birthday! We have a Nolin birthday waffle tradition and it was as sweet as it tasted!
#2: Cultivate’s first ever daily planner, Season by Season, launched for 2023! If you haven’t snagged your planner yet, run to the shop as they are selling out fast!
#3: It finally cooled down a bit so I was able to spend my quiet time in the sunporch enjoying all the fresh blooms that are STILL growing and blooming!
#4: For Father’s Day, I bought my dad tickets to see our favorite comedian, and we had a fabulous night out in Boston for our first father-daughter date since the pandemic! (By the way, you are never too old for a father-daughter date! 🤟🏼)
Before we get into my tending list, I want to share a quick reminder: (Don’t know what Tending Lists or Powersheets are? Start Here!)
Remember there is no wrong way to use your powersheets, but I do encourage you to be YOU on these pages (whether you use all the stickers to repurpose the page, use the page as intended, or go with a simplified blank and white look – YOU DO YOU!)
Now because I am using the 90 Day PS for my Platform goals, I don’t have them listed out, but I do have a monthly goal, G+G Goals, and a daily goal, check into PS, to keep me checked in and on top of it. I was extremely intentional about not filling both lists. I brainstormed them both in September’s Brainstorm Your Month page so I wouldn’t fill them both as that’s not achievable. We will see how this goes as I am trying it out for 90 Days, and I promise to keep you updated on IG and here once I hit 90 days!
So far I am LOVING it! I am using it almost as a “glorified break it down page” and it is proving to be really helpful!
My Tending List
Now onto my September Tending List! This month, my top priority is to choose diligence daily.
- G+G Goals: I am testing out the 90 Day Powersheets to separate my platform goals from my personal goals, but I am keeping my goals here so that I stay connected to them. Because I have a all my platform goals over there, I made space to track those here. (You will also notice that I left 3 blank monthly lines here so that I wouldn’t overwhelm myself.)
- Celebrate September Birthdays: My sister, brother, father, grandmother, and grandfather all have September birthdays and I want to celebrate them each well!
- Prepare Bravely: My life is changing medically as I face disease progression that require surgeries, so I need to take care of myself by planning ahead through expecting uncertainty and staying on top of communication with my team.
- Say Yes to Dreaming: I want to set aside 2 days this month to dream up quarter 4 and also discern how God wants me to use this space as I have a few procedures/surgeries needed over the next couple of years.
- Refresh my Goals: I CANNOT believe that we are doing our last refresh of the year! I want to get that done early because there might be something exciting event coming to the Grace + Goals Community!
- Love Jared Well: We aim to spend intentional time together without our phones at least once a week.
- Church: We are aiming to do at least one Sunday a month physically in church, but this is extremely important to us and I want to make sure I follow through on this goal which is why it has its own line this month.
- Check In + Plan the Week: This consists of our weekly check in as a couple along with time-blocking our week, and then my separate time that I set aside to plan out my week.
- Call a Family Member: I want to cultivate deeper relationships with family members, so I am working to call/spend time with a different family member each week.
- Power Hour for Calls: having a chronic illness is like having a full time job, and part of that job is coordinating everything between different medical teams and hospitals. So to help me stay more on top of this, I am planning to dedicate one hour a week where all I focus on is making phone calls and working on all of this.
- Delight in the Garden: We are nearing the end of the season so I want to enjoy these final blooms as much as a I can as I get ready to transition the garden bed.
Daily Goals: I use my daily goals more as a habit tracker than a strict goal and it gives me more freedom in seasons of uncertainty.
- Morning Rhythm: I am tracking my morning routine with the September Wildcard of the Month, Refreshing Rhythms. This includes: opening my TL, my quiet time, and other tasks.
- Celebrate Wins: I religiously use the “Quarterly Celebrate Every Tiny Victory” Wildcard to log one victory a day!
- Little by Little: Rather than using a monthly wildcard page to highlight how God is moving in my life, I am using the Little by Little Journal to write down one way that I saw God move that day. I’ve been doing this since the start of 2021 and love it!
- Evening Rhythm: I am tracking my evening routine with the Refreshing Rhythms Wildcard, and it includes: checking into my PS at the end of the day, choosing my top priority for the following day, and winding-down at 10:15.
- Read book: I want to get into a habit of reading daily and want to finish the book I’ve been working on in August, Embrace Your Almost by Jordan Dooley
- Did you choose diligence?: This is a question I will be asking myself daily. Now I know this could get messy because of my own legalism, but I want want to ask myself that hard question. I want to learn how to answer this question with truth AND grace at the same time which is why I am challenging myself with this question.
This September, I am challenging you to join me in Refreshing our Rhythms! For many of us, we are transitioning from summer to fall and that includes our routines! This Wildcard will help us do that! What do you think?
If you want to join this challenge with me, you can download the Grace + Goals Wildcard of the Month below!
As always I use the quarterly Celebrate Every Tiny Victory wildcard. This wildcard changed my life because even when life isn’t going the way I planned or hoped, I can see that every day still holds at least one victory no matter how small.
Want to download this wildcard? Head to the Wildcard Library in the button below!
In case you didn’t know, here on Living the Chronic Illness Life you now have access to the
which helps you tailor your goal setting and powersheets to seasons of uncertainty. You can find all the info here!
The 2022 Powersheets are sold out, but there is so much of the collection available! I am #teamblooms this year and in this 2022 Collection my top three must haves are: the Goal Setting Sticker Book, the Snap In Wildcard Holder, and the SeaGlass Cultivate Tote Bag!
P.S. if you didn’t snag a set of 2022 Powersheets, keep your eyes open for the 90 Day Powersheets restock coming soon to the shop!
Cassie Nolin is a married spoonie who lives the chronic illness life with EDS + Co. (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it’s comorbid conditions.) She challenges others to choose grace over guilt while goal setting, and is in ministry part time serving the online community through Grace + Goals and The Spoonie Study. She loves planting, confetti, hand lettering, and sharing the hope she has found in Jesus. Her blog, Living the Chronic Illness Life, is in the top 100 chronic illness blogs and in 2019 she launched her podcast, Chronically Cultivating, where Cassie encourages women to live authentic and intentional lives through their diagnosis’ not in spite of them. She is on a mission to help other women learn how to trade guilt for God’s grace and control for confetti! You can learn more about her at www.livingthechronicillnesslife.com
This post contains affiliate links