Welcome to Living the Chronic Illness Life! I wanted a place where you could: see God’s non-circumstantial joy and reckless love despite disease progression, learn how I set goals gracefully with a chronic illness; follow my love story and marriage with Jared as we work to learn how to love each other through these chronic illnesses; watch my windowsill garden and raised garden bed grow; showcase how we planned and executed our wedding despite the challenges we faced; share in the continual battles my body is facing and hopefully inspire you to overcome the challenges you face daily.
For those of you who don’t know me here are some quick facts:
- I am a recklessly loved daughter of Jesus Christ who loves morning devotionals and biblical garden metaphors
- I am the host of the Chronically Cultivating podcast
- I am a joy-filled wife to Jared 04.29.18
- I am a Spoonie that battles hEDS (Stage III), Dysautonomia, RSD/CRPS, & hypoglycemia along with a few other things we are ruling out as well
- I am a grace over guilt goal setter and started the Grace + Goals Resource Library to use with my #powersheets
- Confetti and Celebrating Every Tiny Victory is my love language!
- I couldn’t live without my #powersheets from Cultivate What Matters
- The Powersheet Prep Gals are my best friends and I delight in cheering them on!
- I was a dog mom to Foxy from 2013-2020
- I lead The Spoonie Study– an online Bible study for women with chronic illnesses
- I have enough braces to make about 4 people
- I almost died and went through severe memory loss at 18
- I got the opportunity to fall in love with the man of my dreams twice (don’t tell me you forgot I had amnesia already!)
- I was a pre-professional dancer and used to coach pre-professional dancers
- I will choose tea over coffee every time
- Despite my nutritional knowledge, I still love kraft mac and cheese
- I love all jars but especially mason jars
- I’m working on incorporating more yellow into my wardrobe and life
- oh yeah, I love being in the garden– can’t forget that!
There are many ups and downs to life, but God has a purpose. So grab a cup of tea and enjoy watching the journey that I call my life.