Welcome to Living the Chronic Illness Life! I’m Cassie, and I am passionate about sharing the journey I’ve gone through of trading guilt for His grace and control for confetti – and teaching you how to do the same.
Here on this blog you can expect to: see God’s non-circumstantial joy and reckless love despite disease progression, learn how I set goals gracefully with a chronic illness; follow my love story and marriage with Jared as we work to learn how to love each other through these chronic illnesses; come alongside me in learning how to use the joy of the Lord as our strength; hear about what it’s like to live in a body God has chosen not to heal; watch my windowsill garden and raised garden bed grow and hear about the lessons I learn in the garden; share in the continual battles my body is facing; be encouraged to celebrate every tiny victory!
So I invite you to worship in brokenness with me, and I pray you will be encouraged to live intentionally with the challenges you face daily – not in spite of them. We can be broken and blessed, and we can throw confetti while grieving the life we used to have.
For those of you who don’t know me here are some quick facts:
- I am a recklessly loved daughter of Jesus Christ who loves morning devotionals and biblical garden metaphors
- I am the host of the Chronically Cultivating podcast
- I am a joy-filled wife to Jared 04.29.18
- I am a Spoonie that battles hEDS (Stage III), Dysautonomia, RSD/CRPS, MCAS, & hypoglycemia along with a few other things we are ruling out as well
- I am a grace over guilt goal setter and started the Grace + Goals Resource Library to use with my #powersheets
- Confetti and Celebrating Every Tiny Victory is my love language!
- I couldn’t live without my #powersheets from Cultivate What Matters
- The Powersheet Prep Gals are my best friends and I delight in cheering them on!
- I was a dog mom to Foxy from 2013-2020
- I lead The Spoonie Study– an online Bible study for women with chronic illnesses
- I have enough braces to make about 4 people
- I almost died and went through severe memory loss at 18
- I got the opportunity to fall in love with the man of my dreams twice (don’t tell me you forgot I had amnesia already!)
- I was a pre-professional dancer and used to coach pre-professional dancers
- I will choose tea over coffee every time
- Despite my nutritional knowledge, I still love kraft mac and cheese
- I love all jars but especially mason jars
- I’m working on incorporating more yellow into my wardrobe and life
- oh yeah, I love being in the garden– can’t forget that!
There are many ups and downs to life, but God has a purpose. So grab a cup of tea and enjoy watching the journey that I call my life.