Friends! In THREE DAYS, we will be getting together for the first Spoonie Study of 2020! If you attended The Spoonie Study last year, we are doing things completely different.
The Spoonie Study is still an online Bible study for women over 16 with chronic illnesses. We are going through the book: It’s Not Supposed to be This Way by Lysa Terkeurst. You can find out the base details of the study here.
We are going to address the main points of The Spoonie Study here so you are ready for our first meeting on February 27, 2020:
- What to expect from using the new platform
- What you need to prepare for the study
- What you need for each live life group discussion
- How to get on the platform
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE NEW PLATFORM
The BIGGEST and most exciting change is the platform. We will be using the Zoom platform and it will be a Group FaceTime. Meaning that everyone can see everyone and have a group discussion. The thing that I like about life groups (some churches call them small groups) is the face to face connection and conversation. This is also the part I miss most as I cannot go and physically attend life groups- this will be a virtual face to face online life group!! I am SO excited and grateful that Grace Chapel is willing and excited to host this study!
The platform is a secure platform so only the people registered can attend the study (the weekly blog posts will be for everyone along with the IGTV videos.) We will not tolerate any hate or harassment in the group.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PREPARE FOR THE STUDY
You simply need to buy the book and read each chapter that will be discussed each week. Also you do NOT need the study guide to participate. Each week we will be discussing a different chapter of the book, all you need to do is read the set chapter before each meeting!
Here is the schedule:
- Feb 27, 2020: Intro Chapter Discussion
- Mar 5, 2020: Chapter One Discussion
- Mar 12, 2020: Chapter Two Discussion
- Mar 19, 2020: Chapter Three Discussion
- Mar 26, 2020: Chapter Four Discussion
- Apr 2, 2020: Chapter Five Discussion
- Apr 9, 2020: Chapter Six Discussion
- Apr 16, 2020: Chapter Seven Discussion
- Apr 23, 2020: Chapter Eight Discussion
- Apr 30, 2020: Chapter Nine Discussion
- May 7, 2020: Chapter Ten Discussion
- May 14, 2020: Chapter Eleven Discussion
WHAT YOU NEED FOR EACH LIVE LIFE GROUP DISCUSSION
Ultimately all you need is to have read the chapter for the discussion and have internet connection! I highly recommend using a desktop or laptop for the group discussion. The discussion will be about 90 minutes.
I would suggest having the book on hand, a notebook to take notes, and your Bible or iBible.
HOW TO GET ON THE PLATFORM
I highly recommend signing on 10-15 minutes before the study is set to start, you will be brought to a waiting room and then we will start at 7 pm EST.
How to get set up:
- FIRST REGISTER HERE (unless you have already signed up for the spoonie study emails- then just check your email for the Let’s Get Started Email)
- then you will get an email from me saying you’ve been invited to a zoom meeting and to click the registration link
- fill out personal information and hit register
- once you are approved (I will try to approve everyone within the first 24 hours) you will get a confirmation email
- once on the confirmation page, click on the URL given to join. save this email and link because you won’t need to join until 10-15 minutes before the spoonie starts on the actual start date
- it will ask you to download the app/chrome extension then put in the meeting ID from the confirmation and your screen name
- click join, enter password for the meeting and it will bring you to the waiting room (password is in the confirmation email)
- Then when it’s time to start we will be live!!